SEA Assistant (Finance and Admin)
This is an exciting position which has been created with the expansion of the organisation in mind. It is a perfect role for someone who is willing to join the team and is eager to grow with it as new projects around development and acquisitions. Some of the work required will be of a clerical nature as well as reception work and dealing with day to day enquiries from both the Tenants and Business Contact and Contractors. This role is designated under the non-social housing scheme Supported Exempt Accommodation.
ASHA manages its financial affairs in an efficient and effective manner. The post-holder should therefore be committed to a teamwork approach and be prepared to help as necessary with the general workload of the team as a whole. The work will involve taking full responsibility for some tasks while sharing responsibility for others. Use of financial computer systems such as Microsoft Excel is essential, although some training in specific areas will be given. The role will have a four-month probationary period.
• To manage, update and secure the tenant and property database.
• To liaise with partners in sending remittance, advising them on their payments and due dates.
• To follow up with requests for payments and ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
• To log queries for due payments and follow up with the Council.
• To manage queries relating to payments and ensure they are followed through.
• To routinely assess the integrity and accuracy of the spreadsheets and other systems used for monitoring, and to make modifications as instructed.
• To assist in the preparation and submission of information required for annual reporting.
• To manage, update and secure the property database.
• Handling incoming communications including post and email.
• To handle queries from the Council with regards to support notes and documentation.
• To liaise with partners ensuring requested documentation is sent over.
• Reviewing of support notes and other documentation.
• Maintenance of property files.
• Maintenance of tenant files.
• To act as first point of contact for queries from partners.
• Preparation of documentation related to meetings including board meetings.
• To ensure there is appropriate stationery and consumables in stock and replenish when needed.
• Preparation of letters to clients & partners.
• Answer telephone enquiries; take messages and direct calls to the correct person.
• Work as part of a team and also independently as required.
• Identify & suggest improvements to office systems and procedures.
• Be flexible and help with cover when required
• To attend and contribute to regular line management meetings to identify any areas of concern
• Undertake other tasks as may from time to time be required by management for the proper running or the further development of ASHA
• To take minutes for meetings which may require extra time in the evenings throughout the year.
• A working background in finance and administration.
• Experience of using all office applications especially Microsoft Excel
• Demonstration of a wide range of communication skills including writing skills and good spoken English.
• Ability to design, develop and modify EXCEL spreadsheets by using various formulae
• A good understanding of the value of financial management and controls
• Ability to use computerised accounts
• Good time management and personal organisation
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to ensure accuracy in all areas of work
• A good understanding of the role of the housing sector
• A young and vibrant mindset
• A commitment to confidentiality and professional and personal integrity
• Availability to reliably work 5 days a week and demonstrate good personal time keeping
• Ability to be flexible
Undergraduate degree (preferred: maths, business, accountancy or similar). Given the nature of tenants, it would be preferred if you have a good understanding of one of the following languages: Arabic, Urdu or Punjabi. A good sense of cultural diversity will also be needed.
Full Time, 9am to 6pm
£18,200.00 – 25,000/year DOE
43-45 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title mentioned in the subject of the email.
A registered social landlord, providing housing through hostels, flats and houses in Lambeth, Southwark, Birmingham and Dudley. Ash-Shahada is a Muslim-led housing association the first of its kind to be established in the UK in 1989.
+44 (0)207 326 7890
+44 (0)207 326 7891
Daily Times House, 43/45, Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR
Mon - Fri: 09:00am - 17:00pm
Sat - Sun: Closed