We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated team player to join as a Receptionist to work within the administration department. This is an exciting position which has been created with the expansion of the organisation in mind. It is a perfect role for someone who is willing to join the team and is eager to grow with it as new projects around development and acquisitions. Some of the work required will be of a clerical nature as well as reception work and dealing with day to day enquiries from both the Tenants and Business Contacts and Contractors.
ASHA manages its financial affairs in an efficient and effective manner. The post-holder should therefore be committed to a teamwork approach and be prepared to help as necessary with the general workload of the team as a whole. Experience in a previous Front of House position would be an advantage, but a positive attitude and a willingness to work effectively within a small team is essential. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, as well as being customer focused, and will be able to deliver a friendly and welcoming experience for our guests and Residents.
The work will involve taking full responsibility for some tasks while sharing responsibility for others. Use of financial computer systems such as Microsoft Excel is essential, although some training in specific areas will be given. The role will have a four-month probationary period.
To provide an administration, reception and support service to assist in the effective day to day operations of the Association.
• Greeting visitors, providing face to face and remote information and signposting.
• To answer the telephone and deal with tenants in reception.
• To take and receive payment from residents and tenants.
• To operate the Association’s computerised tenant management system, enter information as required and ensure all records are accurate and up to date.
• Deal with enquiries from a wide range of users and act as a focal point for information and communication between users and others service partners.
• Ensure reception area is neat and tidy at all times and conforms to the highest standards of customer care.
• To deal with all external and internal mail and distribute and circulate as required.
• To set up, manage and maintain filing systems and archives as required.
• To provide administrative support.
• To develop service delivery in all areas of work ensuring quality of service is maintained at all times.
• To support in preparation for events and activities as required.
• Preparation of documentation related to meetings including board meetings.
• Preparation of letters to clients, partners and/or stakeholders.
• Answer telephone enquiries; take messages and direct calls to the correct person.
• Work as part of a team and also independently as required.
• Identify & suggest improvements to office systems and procedures.
• Be flexible and help with cover when required
• To attend and contribute to regular line management meetings to identify any areas of concern
• Undertake other tasks as may from time to time be required by management for the proper running or the further development of ASHA
• To take minutes for meetings which may require extra time in the evenings throughout the year.
• A working background in receptionist, front house or administration roles.
• Experience of using all office applications.
• Demonstration of a wide range of communication skills including excellent writing skills and spoken English.
• A good understanding of the value of customer service
• Managing multiple priorities
• Ability to use computerised accounts
• Good time management and personal organisation
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to ensure accuracy in all areas of work
• A good understanding of the role of the housing sector
• A young and vibrant mindset
• A commitment to confidentiality and professional and personal integrity
• Availability to reliably work 5 days a week and demonstrate good personal time keeping
• Ability to be flexible
Undergraduate degree (preferred: maths, business, accountancy or similar). Given the nature of tenants, it would be preferred if the candidate has a good understanding of one of the following languages: Arabic, Urdu or Punjabi. A good sense of cultural and faith literacy will also be needed.
Full Time, 9am to 6pm
£20,000.00 – 22,000/year DOE
43-45 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR (travel for meetings may be required)
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com with the job title mentioned in the subject of the email.
A registered social landlord, providing housing through hostels, flats and houses in Lambeth, Southwark, Birmingham and Dudley. Ash-Shahada is a Muslim-led housing association the first of its kind to be established in the UK in 1989.
+44 (0)207 326 7890
+44 (0)207 326 7891
Daily Times House, 43/45, Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR
Mon - Fri: 09:00am - 17:00pm
Sat - Sun: Closed