Notice Period: 13/09/21 to 04/10/21
ASHA requires a consultant that can support the organization on regulatory matters. Following an investigation by The Regulator of Social Housing (RSH), ASHA has been served a Regulatory Notice (RN) which concluded:
• ASHA is non-compliant with the governance elements of the Governance & Financial Viability standard. It has failed to ensure that it has effective governance arrangements in place that delivers its aims, objectives and intended outcomes for tenants in an effective, transparent and accountable manner.
• ASHA has failed to demonstrate that it has an appropriate, robust and prudent risk and control framework in place.
• ASHA has not been able to demonstrate that it is managing its affairs with an appropriate degree of skill, independence, diligence, effectiveness, prudence and foresight
• There are inadequate risk management processes and internal controls
• The board has failed to manage its affairs with an appropriate degree of skill, independence, diligence, effectiveness, prudence and foresight
ASHA would like the consultant to provide:
• Advice and support in providing a solution to the points raised by the RSH in the regulatory notice.
• Liaison with the RSH in conjunction with the Chair/CEO to get back to compliant status.
• Facilitation of the Board Away Day on Saturday 6 November 2021.
• Advice and implementation of the Remediation Plan/ GANTT Chart
• A review of treasury management arrangements
• A review of Business Plan
• A review of Contracts
• Governance Review (including Board skills audit)
Capacity, knowledge, skills and experience to deal with the above.
43-45 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR and online where required
If you are interested in this role, please send in your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title mentioned in the subject of the email. You can call us on 02073267890 for further details.
A registered social landlord, providing housing through hostels, flats and houses in Lambeth, Southwark, Birmingham and Dudley. Ash-Shahada is a Muslim-led housing association the first of its kind to be established in the UK in 1989.
+44 (0)207 326 7890
+44 (0)207 326 7891
Daily Times House, 43/45, Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR
Mon - Fri: 09:00am - 17:00pm
Sat - Sun: Closed